Friday, April 1, 2011

My 5 fave Sci-Fi movies

This is strictly off the top of my head,without really analyzing more options.

Planet of the Apes (1968)......the first movie that really grabbed my attention as a kid. I became obsessed with the apes! (ps...the remake was better than givn credit for)

The Empire Strikes Back....episode 5 of the Star Wars saga. EASILY the best of the franchise.

Forbidden Planet......this is the movie my dad & I were watching the night my grandfather died. (or the night I was told about it) and it has stayed in my memory ever since. The debut of Robbie the Robot!

Westworld.....A vacation resort populated by life-like robots? cooooool

War of the Worlds....classic. 'nuff said

2 comments:

Crowman said...

Speaking of the Planet of the Apes remake I enjoyed watching it but what was the deal with the ending? Capt. Leo returns to his own time only to discover that it is also run by apes. And what about the Ape Lincoln statue? Did the 'future' apes somehow travel way back in time and change history? Apparently the director himself (Tim Burton) claimed that the ending was not supposed to make any sense. Lame.

Alex said...

it was actually closer to the original book than the 1968 movie.
in that , the astronaut goes back to earth and the first thing he sees is an ape cop