Wednesday, March 23, 2011

top ten movie list

Watched an interesting show last night. it was one of those top 5 movie list things. top romantic movie,top sci-fi movies,etc.
I always find these shows interesting. Not for what they put on their lists,but what they leave off.
I really only had a couple gripes about their choices. one - The original Planet of the Apes didnt make top 5? really? It launched and or revitalized a few careers. 4 sequels, a tv show,a saturday morning cartoon show all as a result of the original flick. The statue of liberty scene at the end is an iconic image. Catch-phrases sprang from this movie. It won an Oscar for new, innovative make-up techniques and doesnt warrant top 5? whatever.

I also would have put Singin' in the Rain higher than Sound of music,but thats just a personal choice and not based on awards or such. I personally have never found anything about the nazi terror that warrants breaking out into song. But thats just me.

I will be making my own "top 5 (or 10)" lists. The biggest problem is there are just too many movies over the last 100 years and narrowing down some choices is very hard. I will be doing it by genre and,probably,decades or 20 year segments.

No comments: