Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Friday the 13th

Was discussing the Jason movies with a buddy last night and thought that it would be fun to rank them in the order i liked them. here goes.....

1) Pt 2.  This was the first of them that I saw so it has sentimental value to me. It also has what I conider to be the creepiest scene from all of them. The scene where Amy finds Jasons cabin in the woods but in the background you can see Jason running up the trail to the cabin. It gives me chills everytime I see it. The end scene where he crashes through the window gets me every time as well, even though Ive seen the movie a dozen times at least.

2) Pt 4   This one is a close second for me. My fave scene is the dude in the basement yelling "he's killing me, get out"   It also has Crispin Glover taking a corkscrew to the hand. Any time that weirdo gets killed on screen is okay with me.

3) Pt 1  This movie started it all. That alone gives it a higher ranking than most,even if it aint Jason doing the slicing and dicing

4) Pt 3   The first ever 3-d movie I saw. The acing was horrible but,really,in these movie you aint gonna get Laurence Olivier anyhow.  It also gave birth to the hockey mask! Previously Jason had been seen masquerading as the elephant man.

5)  Pt 6   This one had Horshack (from Kotter fame) getting hacked to death. hearing the audience yell "oh!oh!oh! mr kotter!" while Jason sliced him to bits was hilarious.

6) Pt 8 Jason Takes Manhattan. Jason (although apparently deathly afraid of water) walking UNDER WATER for hundreds of miles folllowing a grad classes pleasure yacht all the way to New York. The ending is confusing but thats more because pt 9 completely ignored it. Still fun to watch though.

7) Pt 10 (Space Jason.....Spason?)  Pretty decent if you can ignore the "Jason rides a body back to earth" part at the end.

8) Pt 7  Brutally bad effects but interesting story.  The producers were reined in by censors and such, thats why the bad effects. Its just that the kills werent too imaginative either.

9) Pt 9 Bad,simply bad. Jasons actually a body-possessing evil mutant worm? WTF?

10) Pt 5  Bad kills,Bad acting,bad effects and doesnt even have Jason in it. This one sucks the most of them all.

Purposely left out the recent remake (which I did enjoy. Its basically the first 4 movies rolled into one) or Jason vs Freddy,which I also enjoyed...a throwback to the old universal monster team-ups.

2 comments:

Crowman said...

My fave by far is the lesser known mini-series called 'Special Needs Jason' in which an unmasked Mr. Voorhees attends a wrestling event wearing a Canucks jersey. The best scene is when he encounters two fools who ran into the ring holding a fake championship belt. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet although I will tell you that John Tenta aka 'Earthquake' had a cameo in the scene and things got ugly fast!

Sparrow said...

lmao