Wednesday, January 10, 2007

This saturday

I will be going to Nelson (about 30-45 minutes away) to take part in some of the hockey day in canada festivities. It is a CBC deal where every year they pick a town to broadcast from between games. (It is a triple header day - all 3 games are Canadian teams versus Canadian teams) There will be some puck-shooting accuracy contests, a peewee junior game, a major junior game between the Nelson Leafs and the Sicamouse team (can't remember their name) , and the part I am most excited about : you get to take your picture with The Stanley Cup! whoo & hoo! All festivities are free as well! Ron Maclean & Don Cherry will be there so I will likely see them somewhere along the way too! I am soooo excited about this. I will definitely be posting pictures of the day at some point sunday morning. This is gonna be sooo cool.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

You should totally be kissing the Stanley Cup in your photo! Think of all the germs you could contract in such a short time.

I had a friend who stood in line for three hours to get her photo taken with the Stanley Cup. And yes, she kissed it. I certainly hope she brought some disinfecting wipes with her.

Can't wait to see the pix.

Alex said...

I will definitely be kissing it. I normally abhor lineups but I will wait all day if I have to. You are a new face hear...welcome aboard. I hope your sarcasm alarm is turned on as I can be somewhat of a smartass!

Alex said...

never mind, I didn't realize who you were until I went to see who this "Jessica" peron was.

Jessica said...

I totally forgot I was signed in as that boring Jessica person. Oh, well. It's so much easier than signing out as Jessica, signing in as got milk?, leaving my comment, signing out as got milk?, and then signing in as Jessica again. What a relief that's over with!

Dave O said...

Have a great time man in Nelson - Party on with Don and Ron and Stan!

Alex said...

I most definitely will